|J.R. Dunn, Chairman|
|W.H. Sullivan III, Vice-Chairman|
|R.J. Owens, Secretary/Treasurer|
|W.H. Eubanks, Past Chairman|
|D.H. Edwards Jr.|
|Executive Director:||Dale L. Dawson|
|Click here to meet the Board Members and Staff|
|Board Office Address:||1109 Dresser Court|
Raleigh, NC 27609
|Business Hours:||8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Monday - Friday
(except State Holidays)
|Email:||Click here to send e-mail|
- To protect the public health, safety and welfare by prescribing the standard of competence, experience and efficiency of applicants for license by examination.
- To enforce the statutory requirement of General Statutes 87, Article 2 and Board Rules set forth in 21 NCAC 50.
- To hold open hearings for the benefit of licensee and the general public.
- Insure applicants meet minimum qualifications to be licensed for contracting in plumbing, heating and fire sprinkler trades.
- Hold licensed contractors accountable for complying with Chapter 87, Article 2, and Board Rules.
- Assist licensed Plumbing, Heating and Fire Sprinkler contractors in providing competent workmanship to the general public.
- Manage Board funds in a responsible, fiscal manner that provides a balanced budget and necessary emergency operating fund.
Information on license requirements can be found by clicking on General Statutes. Individuals seeking additional information should contact the Board office at 919-875-3612, and ask to speak to the Exam Coordinator.
Information on currently active licenses can be found by clicking on License Search. Information on license renewal can be found by clicking on License Renewal. Individuals seeking additional information should contact the Board office at 919-875-3612, and ask to speak to the Licensing Coordinator.
Information on scheduled continuing education classes can be found by clicking on C.E. Classes. Licensees may view continuing education credit hours by clicking on C.E. Credit Hours. Individuals seeking additional information should contact the Board office at 919-875-3612, and ask to speak to the Continuing Education Coordinator.
Information on complaints may be obtained by clicking on Complaint Information. Individuals who wish to file a complaint with the Board may download a Complaint Form, or may contact the Board office at 919-875-3612, and ask to speak to the Complaint Coordinator.
The following publications are available. To order, send a check or money order payable to the State Board of Examiners in the amount shown, along with a written request for the desired publication. Be sure to provide your mailing address and phone number. Send your check and request to:
State Board of Examiners of Plumbing, Heating and Fire Sprinkler Contractors 1109 Dresser Court Raleigh, NC 27609
If you have questions, please call 919-875-3612.
- General Statutes Chapter 87 Article 2 - The licensing law enacted by the North Carolina General Assembly which governs this board. This information is available online under General Statutes. To purchase a printed copy, please see Item 3.
- 21 North Carolina Administrative Code Chapter 50 - These are rules adopted by the Board which implement or interpret General Statutes Chapter 87, Article 2 as enacted by the General Assembly. In order to adopt or change a rule, the Board must give notice and hold a public hearing. To purchase a printed copy, please see Item 3.
- Laws and Rules of the State Board of Examiners of Plumbing, Heating, and Fire Sprinkler Contractors - This 74 page booklet includes General Statutes Chapter 87, Article 2; 21 North Carolina Administrative Code Chapter 50; and other laws, regulations and material related to the construction Industry. This publication is available from the Board. Click here to download a Book Order form.
- Business and Project Management for Contractors - This publication is available from the Board. Click here to download a Book Order form.
- Register of Licensees - Individual licensee information for current licensees can be retrieved from the License Search function on this website, or you may submit a written request for a listing of all current licensees on CD at a cost of $15.00. Click here to download a Request for Register of Licensees.