All forms are in Adobe PDF format. If you do not have a .pdf reader installed on your computer, you may click here for a free download of the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
All forms, with the exception of the Renewal Forms, are fillable forms. You may download the form(s) and type in the required information on your computer before printing, or you may print the blank form and write in the required information.
Forms that do not require payment of a processing fee and/or a public notary may be e-mailed or faxed. Forms that do require payment of a processing fee and/or a public notary must be mailed or otherwise delievered to our office.
Please note: All fees accompanying forms must be paid by check or money order. The Board does not accept payment by cash, credit/debit cards, or any other electronic means.
- Complaint against licensed or unlicensed contractors If you need to file a complaint against a licensed or unlicensed plumbing, heating, fuel piping or fire sprinkler contractor, please understand that the investigation process has been impacted by the current COVID-19 restrictions and may take slightly longer than it otherwise would.
Current & New Licensee Forms
Forms Requiring Payment
These forms may be mailed with a check, or for quicker processing and online payment, you may submit them by email or fax. The form will be reviewed and you will receive an email with payment information. After your online payment is processed, you will receive email confirmation of the changes and instructions for printing your license.
1. *Trade Name Change (Licensee or firm name in which business is conducted)
2. *Add Sub-licensee
* Forms 1 & 2 require notarization. The oriiginal notarized paper document must
be mailed to the Board office and received within 2 weeks.
3. License Activation (for examinees who have passed required exam)
New licensees will receive their certificate by mail.
Forms Requiring No Payment
These forms may be mailed, emailed or faxed. You will receive the updated license by email.
NOTICE: All licensees MUST CLICK HERE AND READ the Public Notice Statement from the North Carolina Industrial Commission.
All licensees MUST SIGN the attestestion included on the renewal forms below.
Renewal forms submitted without the licensee's signature will not be processed.
- Plumbing, Heating, and Fuel Piping Contractor Examination Application
- Restricted Limited Plumbing Contractor Examination Application
- Fire Sprinkler Installation & Inspection Contractor Examination Application
- Residential Fire Sprinkler Installation Contractor
- Plumbing, Heating & Fuel Piping Technician
- State & Local Government Technician Examination Application
- State & Local Government Technician Application (without examination)
- Private Educational Institution Techinican Application
- Private Educational Institution Technician Application (without examination)
- Fire Sprinkler Inspection Technician Examination Application
- Fire Sprinkler Inspection Technician Application (without examination)
- Fire Sprinkler Maintenance Technician
- Book Reference List for All Applicants
- Request for Exam Review (for examinees who have failed a recent exam)
- Re-Examination Application
- Customer Affidavit
Military & Military Spouse Applicant Forms
- Active Duty or Veteran: Plumbing, Heating, Fuel Piping and Fire Sprinkler Installation Contractor
- Military Spouse: Plumbing, Heating, Fuel Piping and Fire Sprinkler Installation Contractor
5. Request for Listing of Current Applicants -